Skip to content
Quick exitFirst NationsTranslationsGet helpSearch

Make a complaint

You can make a complaint to us if you believe you have experienced discrimination, sexual harassment, vilification, or victimisation.

Make a complaint online

What you will need to make a complaint

You will be asked to include:

  • information about yourself and your contact details
  • information about who the complaint is against
  • details about what happened
  • the outcome you would like to see.

Make a complaint

This is our formal complaint process.

We will involve you and the person or organisation your complaint is about to resolve the issue.

You can make a complaint by:

Phone Call 1300 292 153 – weekdays from 10am–2pm
Online complaint form Send us your complaint through our online complaint form
Email Send us an email at with your issue
Letter Send to our address:
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission, Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053


There is no cost to make a complaint.

You can make a complaint in any language. We can also arrange a free interpreter to help you, including Auslan.

Contact us to let us know how we can help you participate in the process.

You can also ask someone else to make a complaint for you, such as a family member, friend, advocate, union, or lawyer. We will ask you to provide your consent for that person to act on your behalf.

Make an anonymous report

This is not part of our formal complaint process.

Information you include in this form will help us understand community experiences and inform our work to prevent them from happening again.

If you’re not ready to make a formal complaint, you can make an anonymous report using the form below.

Your report could be about:

  • your experience of racism, sexual harassment, or discrimination
  • any human rights issues or concerns.

More details about the complaints process

Our complaints process: What you need to know

Understand what you can make a complaint about and the process we take to help you find an outcome.

Not ready to make a complaint?

Downloadable resources

Was this page helpful?
Please select Yes or No and the second form section will appear below:

Level 3, 204 Lygon Street Carlton Victoria 3053

General enquiries

1300 891 848

Enquiry line
1300 292 153 or (03) 9032 3583

1300 152 494

NRS Voice Relay
1300 555 727 then use 1300 292 153

Media enquiries
0447 526 642

The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission acknowledges that we work on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation. We also work remotely and serve communities on the lands of other Traditional Custodians.

We pay our respects to their Elders past and present.