The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission is located at Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton 3053.
Making an appointment
You can meet with an Information Officer to discuss your enquiry at the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission’s offices by making an appointment in advance.
To do so, please contact our Enquiry Line on 1300 292 153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our offices are wheelchair accessible from the main entrance on 204 Lygon Street.
There is a two-hour accessible parking space outside the main entrance. In the underground car park at 204 Lygon Street there is one accessible parking space next to the lifts on levels A, B, C and D.
An accessible toilet is available in the level 3 foyer opposite the lifts.
Communication boards are available at Reception.
Assistance dogs and guide dogs are welcome at our office.
Use the National Relay Service (NRS)
We are NRS friendly. If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you can call the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission through the NRS. All calls are confidential.
- TTY users phone the NRS on 13 36 77 then ask for 1300 292 153.
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech) users phone NRS on 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 292 153.
- For SMS relay, use 0423 677 767 and ask for your message to be relayed to 1300 292 153.
- Internet Relay users can connect to NRS on the Make an Internet Relay call page then use this number: 1300 292 153.
- For Captioned Relay calls, visit the Make a Captioned Relay call page and use this number: 1300 366 356.
- For more help you can email the NRS Helpdesk or call 1800 555 660.
See below for instructions on how to reach our office by bus, tram, taxi, car and on foot, or contact reception on 1300 891 848 or call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 660 (helpdesk) and ask for 1300 292 153.
Education, training and consultancy
Phone: (03) 9032 3467
The Enquiry Line is open 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday
Phone: 1300 292 153 or (03) 9032 3583
The office is closed until further notice.
Level 3, 204 Lygon Street
Carlton Vic 3053
Phone: 1300 891 848
Fax: 1300 891 858 (except Legal Unit matters)
Interpreters: 1300 152 494
National Relay Service: New apps, video calls, digital literacy sites
Legal Unit fax (Charter notifications, equal opportunity exemptions): 1300 286 834
Mobile: 0447 526 642