Skip to content
Quick exitFirst NationsTranslationsGet helpSearch

Make a complaint or report

We can listen to your story and guide you through making a complaint under our laws.


You can request to speak to a First Nations staff member. All our staff are trained to support First Nations people.

Make a complaint online
A person looking to camera

Make a complaint

You can make a complaint by:


Call 1300 292 153 – weekdays from 10am–2pm.


Send us an email at with your issue and whether you would like to speak with a First Nations staff member.

Online complaint form

Send us your complaint through our online complaint form.


Send us a letter to our address: Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission, Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053

The complaints process

We can support you if you have been treated badly or unfairly in your employment, goods and services, education, accommodation, or sport.

Making a complaint means that we will work with you and the other side to find an outcome.

Our processes are voluntary. You can discontinue at any point without consequence.

If you are not able to continue, we will talk with you about your options and any assistance that may be available. You will always be able to return to us, if, and when you are ready to go ahead.

Read all the details about the complaints process and how we support First Nations people.

Make an anonymous report

If you’re not ready to make a formal complaint, you can make an anonymous report about:

  • your experience of racism, sexual harassment, or discrimination
  • any human rights issues or concerns.

This report is not part of our formal complaint process.

You do not have to tell us your name but, if you want to, you can ask for us to contact you and try to help you.

We will not share your details with anyone else. We will keep your information private.

When you report what is happening in your community, it helps us know if there is a problem. Then we can get better at helping communities.

You might also be interested in

First Nations rights

First Nations people have cultural rights under the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities.

Read more

Was this page helpful?
Please select Yes or No and the second form section will appear below:

Level 3, 204 Lygon Street Carlton Victoria 3053

General enquiries

1300 891 848

Enquiry line
1300 292 153 or (03) 9032 3583

1300 152 494

NRS Voice Relay
1300 555 727 then use 1300 292 153

Media enquiries
0447 526 642

The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission acknowledges that we work on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation. We also work remotely and serve communities on the lands of other Traditional Custodians.

We pay our respects to their Elders past and present.