Skip to content
Quick exitFirst NationsTranslationsGet helpSearch

Referrals to other organisations

If the Commission is unable to help you we may suggest you contact another organisation.

Victorian tribunal

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

VCAT can hear and decide cases about unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, victimisation or vilification under the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 or the Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001. VCAT can also grant and revoke exemptions under the Equal Opportunity Act.

Other Human Rights and Equal Opportunity bodies around Australia

Australian Human Rights Commission

ACT Human Rights Commission

Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW

Queensland Human Rights Commission

  • Ph: 1300 130 670
  • TTY users, phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 130 670
  • Speak & Listen users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 130 670
  • Internet Relay users, connect to the National Relay Service and then ask for 1300 130 670.

Equal Opportunity Commission South Australia

Equal Opportunity Tasmania

Equal Opportunity Commission Western Australia

Aboriginal rights

Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service

  • Melbourne (03) 9418 5999
  • Toll free: 1800 064 865

There are key contact personnel in different regions of Victoria. Check the contact us section.


Union members can contact their union for support.

List of Australian unions

Worksafe – workplace bullying



Consumers’ rights

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Disability rights

Disability Discrimination Legal Service

Office of the Public Advocate

Family violence or sexual assault

Women’s Legal Service Victoria

  • Ph: (03) 8622 0600
  • Toll free: 1800 133 302
  • For support workers only: (03) 8622 0600

Centre Against Sexual Assault

1800 Respect

Freedom of information issues

Freedom of Information Commissioner


Health care complaints

Health Complaints Commissioner


Launch Housing

Human rights complaints

Victorian Ombudsman

Victoria Legal Aid

National Association of Community Legal Centres

Local government complaints

Local Government Inspectorate

Mental health

Mental Health Complaints Commissioner

Complaints about public mental health services

Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council

Independent Mental Health Advocacy

Advocacy for those receiving compulsory treatment

Head to Health

If you want to find services or help

Online safety

Office of the eSafety Commissioner

Police conduct complaints

Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission


Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner

School complaints (Government schools)

Independent Office for School Dispute Resolution

Seniors’ Rights

Seniors Rights Victoria

Tenants' rights

Tenants Victoria

  • Ph: (03) 9416 2577
  • Social housing tenants advice line: 1800 068 860

Transport complaints

Aviation complaints

Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria

Public Transport Victoria

Public Transport Ombudsman

  • Ph: 1800 466 865
  • NRS: call 13 36 77 then ask for 1800 466 865
  • Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS): 131 450

Workplace issues

Fair Work Commission

  • Ph: 1300 799 675
  • 9.00 am – 5.00 pm

Fair Work Ombudsman

National Employment Standards

Worksafe Victoria


Was this page helpful?
Please select Yes or No and the second form section will appear below:

Level 3, 204 Lygon Street Carlton Victoria 3053

General enquiries

1300 891 848

Enquiry line
1300 292 153 or (03) 9032 3583

1300 152 494

NRS Voice Relay
1300 555 727 then use 1300 292 153

Media enquiries
0447 526 642

The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission acknowledges that we work on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation. We also work remotely and serve communities on the lands of other Traditional Custodians.

We pay our respects to their Elders past and present.