Helping public authorities understand Charter obligations during COVID-19
The Charter requires any restrictions on human rights to be justified, proportionate and necessary. During a state of emergency restrictions should also be time bound, with safeguards for vulnerable communities whose rights are most impacted. Our education services support public authorities to understand human rights risks relating to the pandemic and make decisions that are compliant with the Charter.
Knowing your Charter obligations
COVID-19 impacts different sectors in different ways. Our services are adapted and tailored to address decision-making in these contexts.
Our services help public authorities to:
- understand how the Charter protects human rights during a state of emergency
- identify their human rights obligations during COVID-19
- explore relevant COVID-19 related scenarios from their workplace
- lawfully limit human rights when required
- know where to go for further information and resources.
Contact us to discuss your needs
Please call us on (03) 9032 3467 or email the Education team.