The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission website has been developed to ensure its content is available to the widest possible audience by complying with the Victorian Government’s minimum requirements for accessibility – Level A of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. We also aim to ensure our office is accessible and to provide accessible versions of our publications.
Accessing our offices
The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission is located at Level 3, 204 Lygon Street, Carlton 3053.
Our offices are wheelchair accessible from the main entrance on 204 Lygon Street.
There is a two-hour accessible parking space outside the main entrance. In the underground car park at 204 Lygon Street there is one accessible parking space next to the lifts on levels A, B, C and D.
An accessible toilet is available in the level 3 foyer opposite the lifts.
Communication boards are available at Reception.
Assistance dogs and guide dogs are welcome at our office.
Accessing our services
Use the National Relay Service (NRS)
We are NRS and VRS (Video Relay Service) friendly. If you are D/deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, you can call the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission through the NRS or VRS. All calls are confidential.
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech) users phone NRS on 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 292 153.
- For SMS relay, use 0423 677 767 and ask for your message to be relayed to 1300 292 153.
- Internet Relay users can connect to NRS on the Make an Internet Relay call page then use this number: 1300 292 153.
- Video Relay users can connect to NRS and use this number: 1300 292 153. For instructions, visit the Make a Video Relay call page
- For Captioned Relay calls, visit the Make a Captioned Relay call page and use this number: 1300 366 356.
- For more help you can email the NRS Helpdesk or call 1800 555 660.
This site's accessibility
The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission website has been developed to ensure its content is available to the widest possible audience by complying with the Victorian Government’s requirements for accessibility – Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0AA standard.
If you have problems or suggestions on how we can improve the accessibility of this website, please let us know by emailing the Communications team or calling 1300 891 848.
Most (historical) publications exist within the Commission’s website as Portable Document Format (PDF) versions. While some of these documents may not comply with web accessibility standards, we also aim to provide accessible DOC or DOCX versions.
To request printed or Braille copies of our publications, email the Communications team or call 1300 891 848.