This briefing will explore and explain the Change or Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Act 2021 and is suitable for general awareness of the Act.
Anyone who would like to know more about this law
Wednesday 29 March 2023 (11am–12.30pm)
Thursday 1 June 2023 (2pm–3.30pm)
Tuesday 29 August 2023 (12pm–1.30pm)
Thursday 16 November 2023 (11am–12.30pm)
Key learning objectives
In this briefing, participants will:
- be briefed on the purpose of the Act and its objectives
- learn what is a change or suppression practice under the Act
- understand the harm caused by change or suppression practices
- identify remedies that can be taken when someone has experienced a change or suppression practice
- consider how to prevent harm and minimise vicarious liability.
Subscribe to receive updates
Register your email to receive an alert every second month with our upcoming courses.
We are the experts in Victoria’s Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities (2006), the Equal Opportunity Act (2010) and the Change or Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Act (2021).
Our courses can help you and your organisation develop, adopt and drive leading practice on equal opportunity and human rights, and prevent discrimination.